Apple TV 2G Untethered Jailbreak And XBMC Installation iOS 4.3 With Sn0wBreeze
This post is out-of date:
UPDATE: 10.01.2012 As you can see this post is quite old now so this method might not work for you as Apple keeps updating their Apple TV 2G.
Please find out first which version of Apple TV 2G you have. To get this info check this one:
If your System Version is greater than 4.3 instructions in this tutorial won’t work for you. Shortly I will be posting an update.
If your System Version is 4.3 you can go ahead:
In one of my previous post I explained how to jailbreak Apple TV 2G and install XBMC on it.
This has been some time ago and it worked for Apple TV2G version 4.1.1 and below. I used GreenP0ison RC6.
Since then Apple has release version 4.2.1 (iOS 4.3) and GreenP0ison can’t do the jailbreak of this version. I’ve heard that Sn0w Breeze can jailbreak the latest (4.3) Apple TV 2G software version and I have decided to try it:
What we need is:
1. iTunes installed
You can google these or simply download zip file with all files apart from iTunes:
1. Unpack it all and run iREB-r4. Connect only USB cable.
2. Click on Apple TV2
3. Once in DFU mode you will get this:
4. Ok so before we go to iTunes and do Restore let’s prepare firmware. Let’s launch Sn0wBreeze :
5. Clicking in the link to download IPSWs didn’t work for me so that’s why we got firmware downloaded before. Click on Browse and point to the firmware file: AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F202_Restore.ipsw
6. Hit Continue and be patient. It might take sometime
7. In your desktop there should be file called: sn0wbreeze_Apple TV 2-4.3.ipsw. Hit OK.
8. You should get this message:
9. Now got your iTunes and in the right sidebar select Apple TV
10. Hold SHIFT button and press Restore
11. Select sn0wbreeze_Apple TV 2-4.3.ipsw located on your Desktop and wait until the process is complete.
12. Now when you connect Apple TV2G to your TV you should get NitoTV . To install XBMC go to
and jump to step 4.
Before leaving any questions in comments please post your System and Software Version. You can get that information by following this guide: